Food and beverage manager course
GDS (Global Distribution Systems Fares)
Food and Beverage Manager Course
IATA official certificate
A Food and Beverage Manager is responsible for a team of food and beverage servers and for the efficient operation of a dining facility. Effective food and beverage managers offer guests the ultimate wining and dining experience.
What you will learn:
- Upon completing this course, you will have the skills to:
- Motivating and inspire a team
- Manage efficient operations in various areas of a food establishmentDirect, plan and control all aspects of food and beverage services
- Deliver excellent sales and customer service skills
- Control budgets and forecast financial figures
- Manage cash and inventory
- Develop or adopt new products and services to attract and retain more customers
- Apply local legislations and regulations that govern quality and safety
- Key topics
- With the Food and Beverage Manager
Course, you will study the following modules:
- Human Resources
The course modules are presented in four workbooks focused on different management themes, each presented in the context of managing a food and beverage operation:
- Marketing and Operations;
- Leadership and Legislation; and Human Resource Management.
The course study is designed around carefully designed occupational standards by the tourism and hospitality sector. You will choose among six examination sessions to write in. Successful exam candidates will earn the IATA Food & Beverage Manager Course Diploma.
Time: 240 hours.
Who should attend:
- Restaurant/dining room servers and managers
- Hotel, resort and convention center managers
- Catering managers
- Banquet servers and managers
This course is a step towards earning an IATA Diploma in:
Certificate: Hospitality Management Diploma (IATA)